Saturday, May 14, 2011

This week's wine is a Spanish Red. Now where's the Tapas?

Cincinnati's Jungle Jim's International Food Mart is one of my absolute favorite places to visit when I'm in town (well, that and my sis; you can check out the mart here). The wine is always so incredibly cheap, that I usually end up carrying a case or two back with me.

This week's wine:

2007 Mosen Cleto Crianza
At $7 a bottle, the 2007  Mosen Cleto Crianza is quite the bargain.   From Spain's Campo de Borja region, this red is 75% Grenache and 25% Tempranillo.  It's a deep red color and its flavor profile is soft and delicate. There are hints of strawberry, soft cherry and tobacco with a subtle chocolate finish. It tastes far more elegant than the price.

The sandblasted bottle is a nice touch. It's always a conversation starter at dinner parties. People often ask just how old it is as the sand gives the bottle an aged look.

I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the Chicago area, so whenever I'm in Cincy I stock up. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment